Care for the Caregiver

Bookmark and Share
I always thought that I'd rather be the one suffering the illness rather than the partner witnessing and feeling helpless to make it all better. Even though Richard, my partner, went to extraordinary lengths to make my life as comfortable as possible, his quiet tears fell daily because even his most heroic efforts could not stop my pain. Luckily, he had a brother, friends, and business partners who sustained him.

I recently was informed about a caregivers' support organization: Well Spouse which is a national, not for profit membership organization that, for a nominal membership fee, gives support to wives, husbands, and partners of the chronically ill and/or disabled through support groups and information on a wide-range of practical issues facing spousal caregivers.

Richard didn't use a support group, and neither did I. I'd be interested in hearing from caregivers about what support you found helpful; and also where were you disappointed in seeking support. If some of you check out Well Spouse, please let me know about your experience.

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment